Monday, November 20, 2017

Yes! I’m alive, but is this blog dead?

Hello everyone! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I know I said I was taking a hiatus which turned into a year-long hiatus *sigh*. I’ve been trying for the longest time to come up with the perfect blog post, a long-winded explanation of the why, the how, and the what. Honestly, it’s simple. Life happened. During this past year, I went through a whirlwind of changes and disasters.

I fell out of love with reading then fell back in love. I stopped writing for a while due to medical issues/stifled creativity (don’t ask) and started back writing again. I resigned from my position and accepted a job at another studio. I wanted to go back to school then dat cost had me messed up, so I decided to give the alternative route another go. I gamed A LOT, but I never once thought to come back and write a blog post about my thoughts.

There was just too much going on at once. A lot of life events, a lot of tears, and a lot of trying to figure out, well, life! I feel like I’m finally headed down the right path. I can say with confidence that I’m in the right mindset to start blogging again.

Here’s the thing: I don’t know what to do with this blog. I feel like “Everything Indie” was just a mashup of different ideas and something inside of me wants to split those ideas into different blogs. Maybe have a blog dedicated to gaming and another blog dedicated to reading/writing? I’m leaning towards it. In that case, I have a lot of work to do breaking down “Everything Indie.” I’ll keep everyone posted via my Twitter page!

No comments:

Post a Comment